In response to Daily Post Snark Bombs, Away!
It appears that our society is now ruled by extremists. Either you are extremely active and annoy everyone with your never-ending stories about the benefits of going to the gym and eating healthy and so on and so forth or you are a couch potato and eat like a crazy person.
They both annoy me. For the first group I have the following words:
- No, I don’t want your pills or crazy milkshakes!
- Running is not a new thing. I know it’s totally the hip thing to do now, but seriously, people ran before.
- STOP with the granola and Muesli and stuff. If you like it fine. But it won’t save the world, you know?
- I don’t want to check your photos while crouching. You look like you’re taking a dump.
- I don’t care how many steps you did today or how many miles you ran. That’s your thing, not mine.
For the second group:
- How lazy can you be that you have to take the car everywhere, even when going to the grocery next door?
- You have time to cook properly. Come on. There are healthy foods that are faster to do than grabbing take out.
- It won’t kill you to go to the gym or do some kind of sport once in a while.
- If you have time to rant about people who spend all their time in the gym, you have time to move yourself, before you become stuck to the sofa.
- Instead of taking the elevator, use the stairs use in a while. They’re friendly!
Balance is the key. You don’t need to become a Gym/Healthy maniac but please don’t be the exact opposite.
Take care of yourself. Run, walk your dog, go to the gym, eat healthy enough.
Originally posted on our late: https://letsmeetatstarbucks.wordpress.com/2015/09/23/finding-your-balance/