This week, I’ve decided to stay close by and show you Odeceixe, a beautiful place in the south of Portugal.
If you haven’t been to the Algarve, instead of going directly to Albufeira or Vilamoura, the hip places to be, just relax, rent a Jeep and put your hikers boots on. Go into the wild and find some crazy beautiful places that are not crowed with….well….everyone! From foreign tourists to our reluctant visitors from the north (It’s usual to see them at the beach everyday for about two weeks in August. They are really simple to spot. They are in packs of 6, no less, take their beer from the blue icebox, smoke constantly on the beach and complain loudly how the Algarve sucks and that everyone is deluded to come there….but return every single summer), the Algarve really gets full in Summertime.
The beach of Odeceixe is lovely wild but at the same time, it has everything that you need. One side of the beach is tumultuous and has big waves for the ones who prefer to do water sports. The other side, has a river, that is so calm that you can relax and just watch your kids play from your towel. You get the best of two places in one beach, actually.
The hardest part of loving someone is having to face the possibility of a life without them. Sometimes I think it’s better to live alone, never letting anyone get closer. You’ll live a peaceful, calm life. Some say it might be hollow, but what do they know. You’ll have your little joys and small adventures. You’ll depend entirely on you.
You won’t learn what it is to try to find your lover feet under the covers on a cold night. You won’t enjoy the quiet resting of your head on someone’s shoulder after an exhausting day.
You won’t know the exciting joy that a three-letter word – Mum – pronounced by a small child can give. You won’t hold your child’s hands on yours wishing that she would never let go.
You won’t lie awake and think of what might happen to the people you love. You won’t want to freeze time just to make sure everything stays exactly the same.
Love is in the small things you share with someone. Love is what connects us. Love is why life is worth living.
Sometimes, Love is unbearable.
Waking up early to go to work has its advantages:
In response to Daily Post Snark Bombs, Away!
It appears that our society is now ruled by extremists. Either you are extremely active and annoy everyone with your never-ending stories about the benefits of going to the gym and eating healthy and so on and so forth or you are a couch potato and eat like a crazy person.
They both annoy me. For the first group I have the following words:
- No, I don’t want your pills or crazy milkshakes!
- Running is not a new thing. I know it’s totally the hip thing to do now, but seriously, people ran before.
- STOP with the granola and Muesli and stuff. If you like it fine. But it won’t save the world, you know?
- I don’t want to check your photos while crouching. You look like you’re taking a dump.
- I don’t care how many steps you did today or how many miles you ran. That’s your thing, not mine.
For the second group:
- How lazy can you be that you have to take the car everywhere, even when going to the grocery next door?
- You have time to cook properly. Come on. There are healthy foods that are faster to do than grabbing take out.
- It won’t kill you to go to the gym or do some kind of sport once in a while.
- If you have time to rant about people who spend all their time in the gym, you have time to move yourself, before you become stuck to the sofa.
- Instead of taking the elevator, use the stairs use in a while. They’re friendly!
Balance is the key. You don’t need to become a Gym/Healthy maniac but please don’t be the exact opposite.
Take care of yourself. Run, walk your dog, go to the gym, eat healthy enough.
Originally posted on our late: https://letsmeetatstarbucks.wordpress.com/2015/09/23/finding-your-balance/
Just read about this (I know that I am a bit late on the news)
Taking away the cursing and jinxing part, I loved the Millennium Series. I know that it won’t be the same, but nevertheless a small part of me still hopes that the feeling is still there, sooooooooo Amazon here I come!!